Skincare Snapshot, November 2019

Skincare snapshot time. These are the skincare products that I’ve been using, more or less, for the past month. Ready for the quick run-down?

AM 🌞

Wash face with water only.

ALLNA Organic Natural Lotion

NIOD Survival 0

ALLNA ORGANIC Natural Milk

ANESSA Perfect BB Base Beauty Booster SPF50+ PA++++

PM 🌛

Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original

SEKKISEI White Powder Wash

ALLNA Organic Natural Lotion

Retin-A 0.025% Gel (every other night): The benchmark/gold standard treatment for photoageing, non-inflammatory acne (e.g. clogged pores, blackheads), and discolouration.

NIOD Survival 0

The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5% + The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% + The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone (on nights I’m not using Retin-A): I  mix all 3 together in my palm before applying. I talked about the first two products in my previous ‘Top 5’ blog post on the Deciem sale.

ALLNA ORGANIC Natural Milk

RatzillaCosme.com accepts press samples but does not participate in sponsored product placement posts. Outbound links to retailers are usually affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you click on one of these links and make a purchase. This does not cost you anything but you are welcome to search the products on a new page if you prefer.

Notify of
guest
16 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
S
S
8 months ago

How do you like the Anessa BB base?

AJ
AJ
4 months ago

What’s your experience been with the ALLNA Organic Natural Milk? Can’t find a lot of reviews on it online

21 days ago

Hey Ratzilla, I noticed that it’s been about a year since you started using Retin-A. Are you still using it, and have you noticed any positive effects so far?
Also, are you still using Azclear? I would be interested to know if it had any positive impact on your skin, and if you recommend azelaic acid products.

21 days ago
Reply to  RatzillaCosme

For Retin-A, are you still using 0.025%? Have you started using it daily, or are you still using it every other night?

19 days ago
Reply to  RatzillaCosme

Are you planning to work your way up to using 0.1% Retin-A?

I’ve heard that’s apparently the best for anti-aging, but I do wonder if that’s truly the case.

18 days ago
Reply to  RatzillaCosme

You mentioned in a previous post that you were “not using tretinoin to treat any skin issues” and were instead “banking on its long-term effects”. Which long term effects are you most interested in? Prevention of pimples/discoloration? Prevention of skin aging (since you said you use Retin-A for “maintenance”)?

Apologies for the myriad of questions, I just really enjoy hearing your thoughts on different ingredients/products!

18 days ago
Reply to  RatzillaCosme

That makes sense, thank you for answering!

I’m curious what the best course of action for anti-aging and general skin maintenance is for brown “people of color” – in other words, people who are neither white nor East Asian. (Besides sun protection, of course)

I want to start retinoids for general maintenance, pretty much for the same reasons as you described above.

Even though I’m not starting retinoids primarily for anti-aging, I do wonder whether someone of my background would even experience the long-term anti-aging benefits that (mostly white) retinoid users rave about.

14 days ago
Reply to  RatzillaCosme

Thank you for your straightforward and concise answer. I’ve noticed that beauty enthusiasts online are strangely hesitant to acknowledge the differences in ethnic skin-aging (and the general trend that non-white people age better than their white counterparts). This makes it difficult for me to discern which treatments are genuinely useful for me as a brown “person of color”. I appreciate that you always share your honest opinions, even though I’m sure you must catch flack for them at times! I suppose the best anti-aging protocol for someone of my background (besides sun avoidance/protection) is reducing stress, eating well, exercising, etc.… Read more »

error: