Skincare Snapshot, November 2019

Skincare snapshot time. These are the skincare products that I’ve been using, more or less, for the past month. Ready for the quick run-down?

AM 🌞

Wash face with water only.

ALLNA Organic Natural Lotion

NIOD Survival 0

ALLNA ORGANIC Natural Milk

ANESSA Perfect BB Base Beauty Booster SPF50+ PA++++

PM 🌛

Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original

SEKKISEI White Powder Wash

ALLNA Organic Natural Lotion

Retin-A 0.025% Gel (every other night): The benchmark/gold standard treatment for photoageing, non-inflammatory acne (e.g. clogged pores, blackheads), and discolouration.

NIOD Survival 0

The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5% + The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% + The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone (on nights I’m not using Retin-A): I  mix all 3 together in my palm before applying. I talked about the first two products in my previous ‘Top 5’ blog post on the Deciem sale.

ALLNA ORGANIC Natural Milk

About G. Haruka 48 Articles
G. Haruka is a trilingual trend analyst who specialises in Japan FMCG personal care and beauty products with over 10 years of experience. She also helps non-Japanese speakers navigate the overwhelming world of Japanese cosmetics at RatzillaCosme.
Notify of
guest
16 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
S
S
10 months ago

How do you like the Anessa BB base?

AJ
AJ
6 months ago

What’s your experience been with the ALLNA Organic Natural Milk? Can’t find a lot of reviews on it online

2 months ago

Hey Ratzilla, I noticed that it’s been about a year since you started using Retin-A. Are you still using it, and have you noticed any positive effects so far?
Also, are you still using Azclear? I would be interested to know if it had any positive impact on your skin, and if you recommend azelaic acid products.

2 months ago
Reply to  G. Haruka

For Retin-A, are you still using 0.025%? Have you started using it daily, or are you still using it every other night?

2 months ago
Reply to  G. Haruka

Are you planning to work your way up to using 0.1% Retin-A?

I’ve heard that’s apparently the best for anti-aging, but I do wonder if that’s truly the case.

2 months ago
Reply to  G. Haruka

You mentioned in a previous post that you were “not using tretinoin to treat any skin issues” and were instead “banking on its long-term effects”. Which long term effects are you most interested in? Prevention of pimples/discoloration? Prevention of skin aging (since you said you use Retin-A for “maintenance”)?

Apologies for the myriad of questions, I just really enjoy hearing your thoughts on different ingredients/products!

2 months ago
Reply to  G. Haruka

That makes sense, thank you for answering!

I’m curious what the best course of action for anti-aging and general skin maintenance is for brown “people of color” – in other words, people who are neither white nor East Asian. (Besides sun protection, of course)

I want to start retinoids for general maintenance, pretty much for the same reasons as you described above.

Even though I’m not starting retinoids primarily for anti-aging, I do wonder whether someone of my background would even experience the long-term anti-aging benefits that (mostly white) retinoid users rave about.

2 months ago
Reply to  G. Haruka

Thank you for your straightforward and concise answer. I’ve noticed that beauty enthusiasts online are strangely hesitant to acknowledge the differences in ethnic skin-aging (and the general trend that non-white people age better than their white counterparts). This makes it difficult for me to discern which treatments are genuinely useful for me as a brown “person of color”. I appreciate that you always share your honest opinions, even though I’m sure you must catch flack for them at times! I suppose the best anti-aging protocol for someone of my background (besides sun avoidance/protection) is reducing stress, eating well, exercising, etc.… Read more »

error: